Skip to main content
UW-Stout Library Liaisons
PURPOSE: To provide an effective/personal communication channel between library staff and faculty and students, in order to meet their information needs.
What Your Library Liaison Can Do For You
- Serve as an initial contact for library-related matters.
- Provide specialized reference services to faculty.
- Share information about library services and resources.
- Offer demonstrations or workshops of new resources and services of interest to your department.
- Provide a one-on-one orientation for new faculty members and teaching assistants.
- Provide orientations for new students in your department.
- Provide consultation services for students writing research papers, theses, or dissertations.
- Assist with library purchase receipts.
Librarians are not experts in the disciplines of the departments they serve; they are experts in organizing and accessing information. If your specific liaison is not available, please contact one of the other librarians or the reference desk to assist you.
Instruction requests can still be made directly through Laura Tomcik, Instruction Librarian.
Purchase requests can still be made directly through Cory Mitchell, Collection Development Librarian.
Library Liaisons by Department
|Library Staff Member
- Communication Technologies
- Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
- Communication Studies, Foreign Languages, and Performing Arts
- English and Philosophy
- Social Science
- School of Hospitality
- Operations and Management
- School of Art and Design
- Engineering and Technology
- Military Science
- Physical Education
- Chemistry and Physics
- Food and Nutrition
- School of Education
- School Counseling, School Psychology, and Special Education
- Teaching, Learning and Leadership
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Rehabilitation and Counseling