Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Services for Alumni
Alumni of the University of Wisconsin-Stout have access to many library services after graduation. If you have a question or comment about anything the library can do for your research, let us know using our Ask a Librarian form.
Access to Databases
- Subscription Library Databases:
- The University Library subscribes to over 200 licensed databases; alumni have on-campus access to these.
- Wisconsin Residents:
- Badgerlink, funded by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction for Wisconsin residents, provides access to some databases from EBSCO and ProQuest. Included are articles from thousands of newspaper and periodical titles, image files, and other reference materials.
- Minnesota Residents:
- MnLINK, funded in part by the State of Minnesota, includes the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, the University of Minnesota, Minnesota's public library systems, state agency, private college, K-12 school, and special libraries.
- Search to identify books and audiovisual materials at the UW-Stout University Library
- Search to identify books and audiovisual materials at university, school, and public libraries in Wisconsin (for WI residents only).
Online Research Guides
- Refer to Research Guides which include selective resources in UW-Stout's programs.
Training on Library Resources
- Reference librarians are available to provide personalized instruction to alumni in the use of library tools, databases and other resources.
Library Information and Services
Alumni of UW-Stout may apply for a community card to check out material from the library. There is a limit of 15 items; videos and a number of other items are not available for checkout to alumni. Contact the Circulation Desk (715-232-1215) for information on obtaining a community card and restrictions for checkout.
Alumni with a community card can check out materials from the University Library. Other alumni should request Stout library materials through their local public library or, if associated with a university, through that university library's loan service.