Educational Materials Center (EMC)
The EMC collections support UW-Stout's teacher education programs by providing examples of learning resources typically used at the Pre K-12 levels of instruction. Stout's teacher education programs include: Art Education, Early Childhood Education, Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Marketing and Business Education, Math Education, School Counseling, School Psychology, Science Education, Special Education, and Technology Education.
The EMC is located on the 2nd floor of the library. The space includes many seating and study areas, as well as a classroom with a projector that seats 25.
- This collection houses children's literature suitable for individuals or class use in the Pre K-5 setting, and includes picture books, trade books, and early chapter books. Juvenile fiction is shelved alphabetically by title, while non-fiction is shelved separately by Library of Congress subject. For online resources, book recommendations, and help pages, see the Children's Literature Research Guide.
Young Adult Collection
- The kits collection showcases examples of hands-on, active learning materials that teachers use to enhance and support their curriculum. This collection includes 3-D models, musical instruments, puzzles, games, blocks, and many items to support motor-skills development, literacy, and math.
- In addition to student textbooks, workbooks, teacher manuals, and examples of curriculum, this collection includes books on lesson planning, classroom management, teaching strategies, and other areas of professional development.
- There are over 200 puppets in this collection, shelved alphabetically by title.
Education Research Guides
Find online library resources related to teacher education programs including:
- Lesson plans and curriculum guides
- Articles and databases
- Websites and learning activities
- Books and media
209 Robert S. Swanson Library and Learning Center