UW-Stout Library now provides access to the NYTimes.com for anyone with a valid UW-Stout email address through an academic group pass. Individual registration is required. With your account, you will have full access to the extensive breaking news, world news, and multimedia of The New York Times.
If you already have an account, please go directly to NYTimes.com to log in. Clicking on the link below and using the "Already have an account?" log in link will give an error message that your email address is not eligible.
To create your account:
1. Why use the NYTimes Academic Pass to read The New York Times Online?
The New York Times requires a paid subscription for full access to its website NYTimes.com; unsubscribed visitors may only read up to 10 articles a month. The NYTimes.com Academic Pass through UW-Stout Library gives you unlimited access to all content on the site.
2. Can I use smartphone or tablet apps to read the NYTimes?
Yes, after you have created an account, download the free apps via the app store or NYTimes mobile.
3. Are there any restrictions on usage?
Yes, for content from 1923-1980, all users are limited to 5 articles per day. There are no restrictions on content from 1851-1922 and 1980 to present. Crosswords and e-reader editions are not included in the UW-Stout academic pass.
4. Can I read the NYTimes in languages other than English?
5. Can I access the NYTimes off-campus?
Yes, as long as you have activated your NYTimes.com pass through this guide.
6. Why am I asked to log in on some occasions and not others?
This may happen if you have cleared your browser history or cache. You can log back in using your pass.
1. Do I have to use my UW-Stout email address to register for an account?
It is recommended, but not required. If you want to use a different email address, please register through this guide.
2. How often do I have to renew my NYTimes account?
If you are a student, you have access until the graduation date you entered at the time of registration. If you are faculty or staff, you must renew your account annually.
3. What if I already subscribe to the NYTimes with my UW-Stout email address?
Additional Library resources that provide access to the New York Times