Skip to Main Content
Public Relations Committee Members
PR Committee is comprised of library staff representing different library work groups on a volunteer basis. This ensures the library is fully represented. Members typically serve two-year terms with new members appointed each year to ensure continuity.
Tanya Gunkel (Chair and Primary Contact)
Jackson Yang (GA)
What does the PR Committee do?
The Public Relations (PR) Committee serves the library by:
- Increasing awareness of library services, staff and spaces to students, staff and faculty
- Promoting a positive image of the library on and off campus
- Coordinating library marketing efforts and ensure a consistent message with the campus
- Providing support to library units in promoting their services and resources
- Coordinating events with library staff and campus departments
- Assessing the effectiveness of promotion activities
- Creating a budget and tracking expenses
What makes PR successful?
- Know your target audience.
- Set realistic goals.
- Develop a message.
- Know your competition.
- Stay relevant.