Skip to Main Content
How do I develop a good research question?
Sarah’s assignment is broad enough to give her some choices when picking a topic. So, what makes a good research question?
- It interests you! You'll enjoy it and do a better job.
- It meets the requirements of your assignment.
- It’s broad enough to give you several search options.
- It’s focused enough that you’re not overwhelmed with information.
- Read, listen or watch the news
- Discover resources with Search@UW
- Talk to your instructors and fellow classmates
- Consult with a librarian